YMCA of Greater Kansas City
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fitness Group Exercise Instructor
at YMCA of Greater Kansas City
- Req No.
- Location Site
- Platte Co. Community Center North
- Healthy Living
- Hiring Manager
- Starla Bargmann
- USD $12.48/Hr.
- USD $15.77/Hr.
- Position Hours
Instructs group classes in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that welcomes people of all skill and fitness levels. Effectively builds community with the class. Modify class as needed to meet varied health, ability and cultural needs. Group Exercise instructors are also responsible for maintaining professionalism and member rapport as well as continuing education with an emphasis on enhancing the spiritual, physical and mental health of each member.
- Contribute to the overall YMCA mission of healthy living, youth development and social responsibility.
- Leads energizing, fun, safe and educational group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Maintaining working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Asks and answers questions from program participants and members to support them in achieving their goals related to health and well-being.
- Maintains working knowledge of fitness trends to provide effective information and support to the members.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members and program participants connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Must adhere to technology and compliance standards related to confidential information.
- Keeps accurate class attendance records.
- Attend meetings and/or trainings.
- Must be able to work well with a team.
- Must be personable, interactive, helpful, and exhibit a positive attitude.
- Must be dependable and highly motivated.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Must achieve agreed upon outcomes and metrics set by the Healthy Living Director.
- Required to monitor and keep all certifications current.
- Help maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of the group exercise studios.
- Must notify appropriate staff of any unsafe conditions, needed repairs, complaints, accidents, or injuries immediately.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have current CPR/AED and First Aid from one of the following organizations. Must be in-person or blended (online and in-person)
- American Safety and Health Institute (preferred)
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- Must hold a national accredited group exercise certification recognized by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise (ACE)
- Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- Willing to work flexible hours and locations to meet the needs of Y members.
- Able to exercise high levels of discretion and confidentiality.