Truman Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRN - Rehab Technician
at Truman Medical Centers
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best possible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, teamwork and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC’s tagline is: “Better. For Everyone.” It is a simple statement, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Assists with the delivery off physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy under the direct supervision of a licensed/registered therapist. Prepares equipment and patients for treatment, assists in administering designated procedures or modalities and monitors the patient care area during treatments. Also performs equipment maintenance checks, patient transportation and relief reception and clerical work. Maintains an orderly and sanitary department work environment.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous medically-related experience required, preferably as a rehab tech, nursing assistant or patient transportation assistant
- Verbal and written communication skills required to communicate with patients and discuss work issues with staff members
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. With proper body mechanics in order to physically manage/assist patients
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, stoop, twist, push, pull and carry to perform transportation and assistant duties.
- Relevant college coursework in patient care