The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
Job Reference #: *D302ED85A541D8A2
Concordia Plan Services
Concordia Plan Services
Mission and Vision
- Concordia Plan Services ‘walks together’ with LCMS ministries in caring for workers and their families…so that the Word of God continues to spread!
- Our 2020 vision is to transform CPS from being solely a benefits provider to the most widely recognized source of employer and worker-related solutions for LCMS ministries.
- Account Manager, Growth reports to the Director, Account Management.
Essential Job Functions
- Is the primary employer contact. Develops and maintains a trusted advisor relationship with existing customers and stakeholders to enhance customer experience and retention. This may require participation in conference calls, attendance at meetings or, travel outside of normal business hours.
- Ensures the timely and successful delivery of benefits solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Collaborates with multiple internal stakeholders and external vendor partners to ensure best in class customer service, enhanced customer retention rates and customer solutions delivered efficiently and effectively.
- Manages day to day client relationships, providing consultation, analysis and issue resolution.
- Develops strategic account plans with the employer, focused on ministry needs and worker benefits.
- Maintains and communicates an in depth understanding of complex internal policies, procedures and legal parameters that are unique to church benefit plans. This involves staying informed as products, markets, technology and legal environments change.
- Identifies new business opportunities with existing customers and provides referrals for business development to meet growth goals.
- Partners with the Business Consultant, Growth throughout the new business/sales process. Is responsible for the execution of the employer onboarding process; becoming the Account Manager of the relationship going forward.
- Promotes tools and resources available through Concordia Plan Services to assist ministries and their workers.
- Communicates clearly on immediate and time-sensitive matters impacting customer benefits and services.
- Leads process to solve high severity requests, complex challenges or issue escalations relating to assigned customers.
- Coordinates the involvement of internal CPS staff, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline, preferred.
- Two years of account management experience, preferred.
- Experience with employee benefits, financial services or similar field, preferred.
- Active member in good standing of an LCMS congregation, preferred.
- Professional benefits or sales designations / certifications, preferred.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Current knowledge of health, death, disability, and retirement (defined benefit and defined contribution) benefits, preferred.
- Travel requirement: Overnight domestic travel up to 50%, higher during peak business cycles required, (including weekends).
- Knowledge and skills in the full consultative selling approach.
- Shows Humility: Allows others to serve in the capacity to which they have been called.
- Assumes Ownership: Takes responsibility for one’s actions and objectives.
- Builds Authentic Relationships: Appears empathetic, attempts to understand others, and treats others with compassion.
- Collaborates: Displays an interest in others' involvement and offers encouragement and support for their initiatives.
- Influences: Shares own thoughts and is willing to foster two-way dialogue when he/she differs from the group.
- Analyzes Issues: Effectively utilizes relevant information to develop realistic solutions.
- Diagnoses Problems: Looks beyond symptoms to identify and address root causes.
- Thinks Strategically: Looks beyond the present situation and sees what is possible in the future.
- Adapts: Can adjust to changes in the business, customer, and/or goals.
- Seeks Improvement: Does not settle for maintaining the status quo.
- Exhibits a Growth Mindset: Helps establish an environment that is open to change.
- Fulfills the Mission: Understands the responsibilities of stewardship in support of LCMS ministries.
- Is Customer-Service Oriented: Anticipates and responds to customer needs with compassion.
- Gets Things Done: Provides focus, makes the tough decisions, and secures alignment to achieve objectives.
- Sets Challenging Goals: Establishes high expectations for self and others.
- Confronts Challenges: Responds to obstacles and takes appropriate action when faced with adversity.
- Displays Professionalism: Displays high personal and professional standards.
- Acts with Transparency: Makes sure that his/her actions match his/her words.
- Is Politically Astute: Acts appropriately during professional and interpersonal interactions.
- Account Manager does not have direct reports or supervisory responsibilities.