Tapestry Solutions, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Management Specialist
at Tapestry Solutions, Inc.
St Louis - MO
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Position: Project Management Specialist V
Location: Saudi Arabia
Note: This position is CONTINGENT upon contract award.
Leads others and directs all phases of assigned cross-organizational or business unit projects demonstrating proficiency in all project management areas in accordance with accepted project management standards in the industry (e.g., PMI, Project Management Body of Knowledge [PMBOK], ANSI, and ISO standards). Manages large scale complex projects in support of the business unit’s goals and objectives.
• Performs and/or provides guidance for reviews of industry standards and any available data source for best practices, lessons learned, historical and forecast data to perform trend, earned value and variance analyses for enterprise level projects prior to creating a baseline project plan.
• Analyzes key factors (e.g., hardware and software maturity levels, strategic alliances with other companies, subcontractor capabilities) and risk assessments which will be incorporated into the baseline project plan.
• Reviews and incorporates appropriate project metrics and control systems to monitor and manage each element of the triple constraints.
• Consults with senior and executive management to establish negotiating strategies and tactics for application on highly significant enterprise level projects.
• Acts as the single point of contact for the company when negotiating project deliverables with external suppliers.
• Directs development and integrate projects into business plans. Provides guidance to project team leaders on large scale projects and manages key company projects.
• Acts as a technical consultant to teams and advises senior and executive management regarding project management industry development and practices for incorporation into company project management policy and practices.
• Oversees assigned projects other functional support activities (e.g., planning, budgeting, strategy) where required. Reports to or consults with senior and executive level management.
• Advises project teams regarding possible workarounds, recovery plans and work scope changes. Consults with steering committee, senior management, project sponsor and/or other stakeholders regarding the interpretation of workarounds, recovery plans and work scope changes, etc.
• Provides to senior management, business unit and enterprise reporting status and progress pertaining to multiple projects occurring within a business unit or across the enterprise.
• Presents transition plan and analysis to senior management, affected business units or customer agency.
• Provides assessment of assigned personnel to appropriate management and coordinates return to home organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and typically 15 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 13 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Project Management Experience, PMP certified desired.
• Complex Systems/IT implementation; SAP, Oracle, or IBM Maximo preferred.
• Military logistics experience preferred.
• Defense experience or Military Officer level preferred.
• Experience in the Middle East and with international military customers is desirable.
• Experience with project tracking software, preferably Microsoft Project preferred.
• Knowledge of and experience with US Department of Defense (DoD) and/or international military, supply, transportation automated logistics systems and policies preferred.
Tapestry Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.