Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Writer - 8:00am-4:30pm
at Steward Health Care System
A rare opportunity to join a new development division within Information Systems at Steward Health Care. We employ a suite of analysts and developers who are creating advanced web-based, data driven application, and we are currently seeking a professional Technical Writer to join this expanding team. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with our development staff to ensure accuracy of product descriptions. If you have previous experience as a Technical Writer and in the health care industry, we encourage you to submit an application.
• Plan, develop, organize, write and edit end user online help, Functional specifications and application manuals
• Research, develop and document technical design specifications.
• Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals.
• Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
• Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
• Manage updates and revisions to technical literature.
• Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Proven experience working in a technical writing position
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
• Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
• Bachelor's degree (or 4+ years equivalent work experience) preferred.
• 3+ years' experience in software technical writing preferred
• Keen attention to Detail
• Experience working in team oriented and collaborative environment
• Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
• Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings
• Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site meetings with Business leaders