St. Luke's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT
at St. Luke's Hospital
- Job ID
- SLH-SURREY PLACE
- Weekend Requirement
- Department Name
- THERAPY SERVICES-SURREY PLACE
Under the supervision of the Rehab Manager, Lead Physical Therapist, and Staff Physical Therapists.
Prepares patients and equipment for physical therapy; following initial evaluation by registered physical therapist, administers therapy, and performs documentation.
Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission and values.
- Assumes delegated supervisory responsibility for Physical Therapy Assistant student.
- Reports to the Rehab Manager regarding program development, form revisions, and Quality Assurance as indicated. Represents the department when indicated at professional and related conferences and meetings.
- Provides liaison from nursing division and medical staff in regard to patient care and P.T. patients.
- Prepares patients and equipment.
- In the absence of the Physical Therapy technician, will assist with daily duties.
- Assists staff Physical Therapists in planning the treatment program for each patient.
- Records and reports patient progress and discharge notes in a timely way.
- Instructs the patient in exercise routine, home programs, use of adaptive equipment, and self-care activities.
- Instruct patient families in these areas if necessary.
- Makes use of modalities available in the department. Attends scheduled patient meetings with team.
- Promotes safe environment for patients and staff in the facility.
- Maintains department in orderly manner. Implements Physical Therapy program for each patient based on P.T.'s evaluation, plan of care, and physicians prescription. Performs other work duties as assigned.
Associate degree in Physical Therapy Assistant Program from an accredited institution. -Must be licensed or eligible for licensure by Missouri State Board of Healing Arts. As required by the state, therapist obtains necessary annual CEU's maintaining compliance with state guidelines.
- Verbal and cognitive abilities are necessary.
- Motor coordination and manual dexterity are required.
- Speech, hearing and visual acuity are essential. Work shifts may vary to meet specific patient care demands.
- Employee must demonstrate an ability to work with people tactfully and exhibit qualities of sound judgment.
The most significant of duties are included but this does not exclude occasional work assignments not mentioned or developmental duties.
- Employee is required to sit occasionally, stand and walk frequently.
- Employee must lift/carry light (20 lb max.) to medium (50 lb. max) occasionally.
- Employee is required to bend, squat, kneel and reach forward occasionally as well as crawl, climb, lift from floor to waist and lift from waist to overhead occasionally. For repetitive action, employee is required to use one or both hands for simple grasping, pushing/pulling and fine manipulation.
- Employee is exposed to the following environmental conditions: fumes, radiation, electrical hazards and CRT terminal work occasionally.
- Employee is frequently exposed to blood borne pathogens.
Faithful to our Episcopal-Presbyterian heritage and its ministry of healing, St. Luke’s is dedicated to improving the health of the communities we serve.
Using talents and resources responsibly, we provide high quality, safe care with compassion, professional excellence and respect for each other and those we serve.
As an independent healthcare network, we create healthy communities in the region through our commitment to high quality, safe and personalized services.
We accept and treat all persons as being created in the image of God.
We respond with caring to the needs of others as if they were members of our family.
We honor each person’s rights and responsibilities in light of the common good.
We set and strive to attain high standards of performance and continuous improvement.
We use our talents and resources wisely, with honesty and integrity.
FACES - Friendly - Available - Caring - Efficient - Safe Communication Standards: Promotes and provides courteous and effective communication with internal and external customers.