Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SAM, inc.
- Job ID
- Job Location
- US-MO-St. Louis
Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM's partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS) and SO-DEEP | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage transportation, electric utility and oil and gas projects from start to finish, while ensuring services meet company quality standards and client specifications
- Participate in planning and implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency
- Develop and manage proposals, budgets, schedules, billings, and contracts
- Develop (Senior level) or aid in the development of RFQs and fee proposals
- Sign and seal plats, field notes and control drawings if required
- Establish work plans and staffing requirements for multiple projects
- Participate in business development opportunities and maintain strong client relationships
- Develop and conduct presentations to clients and other critical stakeholders
- Effectively interface with sub-consultants and as well as other business relationships
- Provide support to other operational units as needed
- Conduct self and team members in alignment with company policies and strategic initiatives.
- Represent company interests while in meetings and trade shows as needed.
- Supports the Company to achieve its vision and mission, while successfully practicing its core values related to employees, ethics, operational excellence, safety, integrity and corporate social responsibility.
- Perform other tasks as assigned to help accomplish the Company’s strategic goals.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities of employees to include mentoring, coaching, and counseling staff as needed.
Required Experience - Education and Skills
This position will consider providing a competative relocation and signing bonus for the selected candidate.
- 5+ years of industry related work experience in a professional or management capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline/and or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in project/phase management for large scale projects
- Strong proficiency with or understanding of tools such as AutoCAD, Micro Station, Geopack, MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to clearly define assignments/deliverables to team members
- Ability to oversee, mentor and motivate a project team
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and problem solve on the fly
- Ability to meet or exceed aggressive deadlines while maintaining teamwork and collaboration with others
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401 (k) profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the construction industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. SAM, LLC is not seeking nor intends to consider neither unsolicited resumes nor other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate's resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate. Surveying And Mapping, LLC (SAM) participates in the federal E-Verify Program.