Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shipping & Receiving Lead
at RR Donnelley
For over 150 years, RR Donnelley has helped businesses connect with audiences through the power of words and images. With our numerous complementary capabilities in creative and design services, content management, digital and print production, data analytics, supply chain management, business process outsourcing and logistics, RR Donnelley can power its more than 60,000 customers to create connected experiences with their customers.
If you are interested in launching a career in an exciting industry, you should consider applying for our current opening for the Shipping & Receiving Supervisor. This position is an outstanding opportunity to begin your career path in the one of the leading commercial printing manufacturers in industry.
The Shipping & Receiving Supervisor is :
Responsible for managing the shipping/receiving department. Will work independently and receive instruction/guidance from manager/supervisor about the work when assistance is requested or when assigned new tasks. Able to exercise moderate level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks and prioritizing work. Work is typically completed by following established policies and procedures. Requires a passion for quality and adaptability.
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating the activities of the shipping/receiving department to ensure 100% product delivery for incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Manage the cycle counting process as well as approving and balancing counts.
- Investigate inventory problems as needed.
- Investigate discrepancies with sales orders, job tickets and quantities.
- Ability to coach and mentor shipping and receiving team members.
- Respond to customers’ questions and complaints regarding service issues.
- Drive continuous improvement within the department.
- Performs manual and clerical duties related to the shipment and receipt of materials, supplies, equipment and finished products shipped via internal freight fleet or third party LTL carrier.
- Maintain necessary files and documentation.
- May perform activities related to load planning of outbound trucks to meet customer delivery requirements and cost parameters.
- Utilize small hand tools and operates material handling equipment including forklifts, skids, pallet handlers, hand trucks, etc. to stage materials and load trucks.
- Typical shipping activities include checking goods against shipping documents and authorizations.
- Pack goods for shipment according to specifications, equipment characteristics, transportation methods and routes.
- Verify identification and quality of product, prepare bills of lading, post weight and shipping charges, stamp, stencil or attach information and shipping instructions on containers, load shipment onto trucks, and maintain inventory of cartons, tapes, crates, clamps, foam and other packing material.
- Typical receiving activities include taking receipt of raw materials, components or equipment and unload from trucks primarily using a forklift truck and pallet jacks.
- Check incoming materials against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., verifying nomenclature, identification and quantity of the materials.
- Maintaining records of goods received and damaged goods.
- May be tasked with performing ancillary duties related to Production Expediting coordinating the movement of materials throughout the plant.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Standing constantly (over 2/3 of time), walking frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of time)
- 5-6 years experience in shipping & receiving
- Lead/supervisory experience preferred
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Forklift certification preferred
- Must be able to work assigned shift
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary to meet product demand
If you are a hard-working, motivated team player, this opportunity is for you! We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with excellent communication skills who are ready to roll up their sleeves and get hands-on experience in every facet of our company.
RR Donnelley provides:
Paid Time Off
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Fun working environment
Opportunity for growth and development
Learn more about RR Donnelley