Roeslein & Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Roeslein & Associates
The Technician will support the operation and maintenance of the biogas generation system (lagoon cover) and the biogas flare system for multiple farms located in northern Missouri.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain process equipment. Including but not limited to blowers, flares, instrumentation and controls.
- Perform testing and analysis on lagoon performance.
- Support and assist the work of the Biogas Technicians.
- Safely drive between multiple farms.
- Follow all the process safety requirements including wearing a full face respirator for several hours at a time.
- Perform duties related to the general maintenance and appearance of the RAE operational facilities, including vegetation management and grounds keeping.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in a farm/processing operation atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures is normal. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment as defined.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, sit and drive a vehicle for up to 40% of the day; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs. on a regular basis is required. Have the ability to push and pull 50 lbs or more on a regular basis. Have the ability to reach overhead from an elevated platform or uneven working surface. Must be able to stand/walk 50% of the time on uneven work surfaces, sit for other duties 40%, and climb 10% of the time. Employee will be required to pass a limited physical and fit test for a full face respirator. Then, must be able to wear the respirator for up to 4-6 hours while at the farms.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL / ABILITY / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma is required.
- Trade school technical certification or training is preferred.
- An Associate’s degree is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written are required.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must have a valid driver license and maintain an acceptable motor vehicle record report.
- Must comply with Roeslein Alternative Energy’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.