Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Assurance Analyst
at RLI Corp
Under occasional supervision, works with the software development team to ensure a high quality solution and deliver quality software while lowering costs and reducing development lead time. Implements QA processes and tests throughout the development cycle to address quality problems by executing tests, debugging problems and ensuring software meets essential business needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Executes test cases to ensure software meets established quality standards
2. Develops, writes and reviews testing scripts and plans to ensure that software functions as expected.
3. Prepares data sets to test logic, error handling and system workflows.
4. Isolates, reproduces, and tracks defects. Verifies fixes.
5. Documents test results according to required procedures.
6. Estimates quality assurance testing effort levels.
7. Reviews test cases of entry-level QA personnel.
8. Collects quality assurance metrics and communicates as necessary.
1. Experience with end to end testing including regression testing and experience with database query tools such as SQL required.
2. Ability to use analytical methods in complex business processes to find workable solutions.
3. Ability to generate innovative solutions within the IT department.
4. Ability to communicate findings and recommendations to IT and other business contacts on business process matters.
5. Ability to properly estimate levels of QA effort.
6. Familiar with software development life cycle (SDLC) and quality assurance methodologies
7. Demonstrated ability to learn new quality assurance tools and technology
Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, business administration or a related field and 2-5 years of related experience. In lieu of education, 5-8 years of experience is required.
Certification in one of the following a plus: Certified Software Tester, American Software Testing Qualifications Board, or International Software Testing Qualifications Board.