Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fire & Ice Server
at Prime, inc.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Fire & Ice
The Oasis Hotel & Convention Center is currently seeking career driven individuals who are committed to providing a memorable experience to our guests.
Our award winning hotel is a full service property, offering 173 guest rooms along with over 30,000 square feet of meeting and conference space. Housed within the Oasis, you will find Fire & Ice Restaurant & Bar, featuring Springfield’s only ice bar.
The Oasis Hotel & Convention Center is a property structured upon our core values:
Passion- Passionate about who we are and what we do
Respect- Mutual respect and appreciation for our associates and guests
Extreme Service- We strive to be proactive and go above and beyond for our guests to have a positive and memorable experience.
Family & Community- All associates and guests are in the family. We desire to give back to the community and to each other.
Innovation & Uniqueness- We desire to be a true oasis in the region and embrace our identity.
Honesty & Integrity- We believe in being truthful and transparent, while maintaining professionalism, to our associates and guests in all situations, even when the situation is difficult.
Our Fire & Ice Servers provide a memorable dining experience to our guests. Our servers are dedicated to making our guest feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
- Greets guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Prepares tables by laying napkins and utensils making sure the condiments are refilled preforming all other preparation tasks.
- Responsible for table bookings and directing our guest to their tables in the absence of the host (ess)
- Stays updated on current menu options, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of items, etc.
- Has full and complete knowledge of the restaurant menu, ingredients, preparation methods and garnishes for all dishes.
- Responsible for presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selections, informing customers about food preparation details, and communicating specific customer needs to the back of the house.
- Provides a memorable dining experience by delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, and refilling glasses all while providing extreme guest service.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Obtains revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, and returning change.
- Preforms basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by the Restaurant Manager. Keeps work area clean and tidy at all times.
- Assists with special events as needed
- Setup and service of private dining rooms
- Communicates products and services available at the hotel and convention center
- Previous serving experience required.
- Basic knowledge of fine dining and a strong knowledge of wines/beverages
- Bartending experience beneficial
- Excellent communication, guest service and time management skills
- Knowledge of the hotel industry beneficial
- Will work a varied schedule to include days, nights and weekends
- This position requires constant standing and walking. Must be able to lift and carry 60lbs. Pulling and pushing is minimal. Candidate must be able to pass a job specific post-offer physical prior to beginning employment with Oasis Hotel.
- Indoor working conditions in fast paced environment.