Phelps County Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Phelps County Regional Medical Center
Work Hours: Clinic Hours
The Office LPN assists the physician or mid-level provider by providing assessment, treatment, testing, and education for the patients of the practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Administers medications (oral, IM, and SC) as ordered.
2. Assists the provider with procedures, maintaining sterile field and managing instrument trays.
3. Assists with examination as requested.
4. Documents chief complaint/visit reason and details according to provider preference.
5. Escorts patients to exam room.
6. Initiates, reviews, and updates patient's medication and summary list according to provider preference.
7. Obtains patient weight and vital signs accurately.
8. Performs point of care lab testing and obtains blood samples and other specimens for lab testing as ordered.
9. Provides patient teaching and supportive services as needed.
10. Provides treatments as ordered.
11. Schedules diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, obtaining precertification and authorization as required by payers.
12. Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
Graduate of an accredited LPN program and approved IV therapy course.
Minimum Work Experience
Nursing or other health care experience preferred but not required.
Current LPN license in the state of Missouri required.
Considerable mental concentration required. Lifting up to 35 lbs., turning activities and nearly constant walking required. Standing, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching.
Frequent exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.