Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hotel Front Desk Agent - Part Time- Swing Shift
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- Argosy Casino Riverside
- Position Type
- Regular Part-Time
- Hotel Services
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Argosy Casino Riverside we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of the hotel.
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts using hotel computer systems.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Perform simple bookkeeping activities, such as balancing cash accounts.
- Review accounts and charges with guests during the check out process.
- Post charges, such as those for rooms, valet, laundry, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers by using hotel computer systems.
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or telephone switchboards.
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Review information / pass on log from previous shift, check room rates and discusses sell strategy with Supervisor
- Place Service Assurance Call to all guests within 30 minutes of arrival
- Review and become familiar with VIP’s and group folders, verifying proper blocking arrangements
- Follow and complete items on Guest Services AM/PM checklist
- Greet and assist guests with luggage, to and from vehicles as well as to and from hotel rooms.
- When assisting guests to room, inform guest of the hotel’s facilities and hours of operation.
- Greet and assist all guests entering or leaving the hotel.
- Must be able to lift and transport luggage using correct and safe baggage handling procedures and a bell cart when necessary. Uses proper cart handling techniques when using a bell cart.
- Issue luggage claim tag and store luggage in bell closet when necessary
- Ensure timely and efficient delivery of guest messages, mail, and faxes
- Respond to guest inquiries and direct guests around the hotel
- Explain proper use of keys system and insures the guests satisfaction with their room
- Accurately give directions, information, and recommendations
- Audit current registration cards to computerized information
- Correct errors and discrepancies on guest accounts and resolve guest complaints
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with correct English grammar skills including verbal and written communications.
- Must build and maintain excellent rapport with internal and external customers, team members, community, media, and shareholders.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer