Mercy Medical Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Truck Driver II
at Mercy Medical Hospital
- Requisition ID
- ROi Supply Chain Solutions
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Days, Holidays, Weekends
- CSC Transportation
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
This position is primarily responsible for operating a ROi tractor trailer combination vehicle with a GVW of 80,000 lbs. This includes loading, delivery, and pick-up of various items to include, but not limited to, mail, small pieces of equipment, lab specimens, food, pharmacy, x-rays, recycle, shred, biohazard, oxygen, and laundry. The driver is responsible for representing ROi in a professional manner by providing the safe and secure delivery of supplies and goods to/from ROi customers. All work should be performed consistent with the goals of Mercy community being served, the philosophy of the Sisters of Mercy, the Code of Professional and Business Ethics, and the Employee Code of Conduct. Perform related duties as assigned in a manner consistent with our Mission, Vision, and the Mercy Service Standards.
We’re all unique pieces of a puzzle at Mercy, connected together to create a beautiful picture of health. And being the perfect fit for your role requires a specific set of qualifications that you’ll bring with you:
- Current driver license in state of residence.
- Must be able to obtain a Federal Class A & B or equivalent license endorsements on request within 180 days.
- Must maintain a current Medical Examiner Certificate in order to operate a vehicle
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Basic math, reading, and computer skills required
- Good organizational, human relations, and communication skills are required
- A Department of Motor Vehicles driving background check for the state the driver is operating in is required prior to employment
- Cooperation with providing proper information is required for employment
- Must have a good driving record
- Must be able to drive a vehicle for long periods of time
- Minimum lifting of 50 lbs. required
- Some delivery positions require many hours of walking on concrete floors
- Motor vehicles ranging in size of cars to trucks with gross weight of 80,000 lbs. GVW
- Must be comfortable using a forklift, pallet jack (powered or non-powered), 2-wheel dollies, and carts
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- Three to Five years of supply delivery experience beneficial
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.