Liberty Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Long Term Substitute Counselor - Liberty Oaks
at Liberty Public Schools
Liberty Public Schools is currently accepting applications for a Long Term Substitute Counselor.
The job of Counselor-Elementary was established for the purpose/s of implementing the Missouri Comprehensive Guidance Program. The four primary strands are: 1) Guidance Curriculum 2) Individual Planning 3) Responsive Services 4) System Support. More specifically, activities within these strands include: provide individual and group counseling to students; implementing guidance curriculum through classroom presentation, support student academic achievement; providing support during a crisis; work with community agencies; and partner with parents, teachers, support staff and the community.
This job reports to Principal
• Assists in helping students referred for testing for the purpose of of determining appropriate placement and eligibility for specialized services.
• Collaborates with admistration, faculty, staff, students and families for the purpose of supporting and/or solving educational and socio-emotional issues.
• Consistent interaction with student for the purpose of educating students.
• Coordinates with teachers, school personnel, resource specialists and/or coummunity (e.g. service clubs, courts, child protective services, etc.) for the purpose of providing/receiving requested information and/or making recommendations.
• Develops a variety of special programs (e.g. transition meetings, Internet safety, academic success) for the purpose of to assist student’s education and socio-emotional needs.
• Monitors students' progress for the purpose of identifying issues and taking appropriate action for increasing student success.
• Participates in a variety of meetings (e.g. workshops, committees, community groups, etc.) for the purpose of gathering and sharing information related to job assignment.
• Performs individual and group counseling and guidance functions and activities (e.g. academic success, career investigation, social- emotional) ) for the purpose of enhancing student success.
• Prepares a wide variety of materials (e.g. 504 reports, student activities, correspondence, audits, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, and/or conveying information.
• Presents information to a variety of staff, students and families for the purpose of communicating information that will aid them in the student’s educational and socio-emotional development.
• Researches program eligibility requirements (e.g. 504, Homeless, Operation School Bell, BackSnack) for the purpose of providing up-to-date, accurate counsel to students and parents.
• Supervises assigned programs (e.g. academic success, peer counseling, etc) for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for professional growth and achieving overall curriculum objectives.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Guidance program and school.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: applying assessment instruments; preparing and maintaining accurate records; planning and managing projects; and using pertinent software applications.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; review and interpret highly technical information, write technical materials, and/or speak persuasively to implement desired actions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: stages of child development; codes/laws/rules/regulations/policies; community resources; and treatment modalities and assessment.
ABILITY is required to schedule a significant number of activities, meetings, and/or events; often gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing a variety of complex processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. Independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires analysis based on organizational objectives; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working as part of a team; and working with frequent interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of resources from other work units may be required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 40% sitting, 30% walking, and 30% standing. The job is performed in a generally hazard free environment.
Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is desired.
Masters degree in job related area.
Continuing Educ. / Training
Certificates & Licenses
Missouri School Counseling Certificate
Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
The purpose and utilization of job descriptions in Liberty Public School District #53 are to ensure the essential functions of each position are articulated in order to create a clear understanding of job expectations for the incumbent while also providing a framework through which the recruiting, hiring, and retaining of employees may be enhanced.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Director of Human Resources|
Friday, November 9, 2018 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)