John Knox Village
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LPN Assisted Living (8 hr shift), PRN
at John Knox Village
The LPN performs direct resident/patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The incumbent performs nursing assessments, follows the plan of care in accordance with physician's plan of treatment; provides nursing services in accordance with current nursing practice; and evaluates resident’s/patient's response to treatment. Supportive of the Village’s mission, values, and service/hospitality (PRIDE) expectations. Completes training hours as required by policy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides direct resident/patient care based on a specific plan and departmental services. This may include dispensing medication, checking vitals, changing wounds, personal care, etc.
- Timely and accurately reports resident/patient changes, needs and/or requirements to the Registered Nurse and/or other managing staff.
- Accurately and timely completes required documentation of nursing care to meet all state and Village requirements.
- May delegate appropriate tasks to care givers and follows up on assignments.
- May perform homemaking and other environmental services when necessary for services provided through the department.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements.
- Handles stress well and gets along with others within the workplace and with customers outside the department.
- Maintains acceptable standards of workplace conduct.
The responsibilities described above represent the primary responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs. The incumbent is expected to perform all assigned responsibilities.
- This job requires a combination of education, training and experience that is acquired through the completion of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse by the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Valid driver’s license
Knowledge and Skills (required unless otherwise noted):
- Basic level knowledge of Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, handbooks and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write simple sentences, paragraphs and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Special Working Conditions
- The associate is subject to inside environmental conditions which provides protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The associate is exposed to infectious diseases.
- The associate is required to function around individuals with challenged mental capacities.
- Required to drive from one location to another if necessary for services provided through the department.
- The Home Health LPN may be exposed to outdoor elements while accessing a patient’s residence.
- All associates may be called upon to assist other departments in a declared emergency situation.
Physical and mental demands
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job demands include maximum occasional lift of 75 lbs from knuckle to waist level; maximum occasional lift of 20 lbs from floor to 48 inches
- Maximum occasional carry of 20 lbs for 75 ft
- Maximum occasional push/pull horizontal of 40 lbs at 40 inches height for 100 feet; maximum frequent push/pull horizontal of 10 lbs at 46 inches for 100 feet
- Maximum occasional grip force of 40 lbs; maximum occasional lateral pinch force of 15 lbs
- Maximum occasional climb of 8 inches
- Frequent forward reach; frequent bend; frequent fine motor coordination; occasional foot coordination; occasional balance
- Frequent sitting; continuous standing; and continuous walking.
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Provides direction to care givers on a daily basis.
Village Assisted Living NURSING POOL GUIDELINES
Village Assisted Living Nursing Pool is a staffing plan and program created to provide flexibility with the staffing assignment schedule throughout Village Assisted Living and Residential Care. Associates working exclusively in the Pool are classified as PRN and scheduled as needed. Guidelines regarding the Village Assisted Living PRN staffing plan include:
- PRN associates are not eligible for Paid Time Off or health benefits; however, they may contribute to the TSA plan offered by the Village per the current provisions of the TSA plan.
- Nursing Pool associates must work a minimum of 3 shifts per month. At least two of these shifts must include a weekend shift (weekend shift is defined as Saturday and Sunday for day and evening shifts, and Friday and Saturday for night shifts). Additionally, Nursing Pool associates will be scheduled to work at least three (3) of the six (6) holidays, as defined by JKV Associate Policy #327, per calendar year. Failure to meet this minimum requirement may jeopardize the PRN status and result in separation of employment. Additional hours are usually available upon request.
- As PRN, Nursing Pool associates, are limited to 1440 hours of work each calendar year (refer to Status Classifications Policy 01-05.6500.114). PRN associates who reach the maximum prior to the end of a calendar year have two options: 1) Apply for transfer to an open full-time or part-time position, or 2) Be removed from the schedule for the remainder of the calendar year. It will be up to Staffing to manage a Nursing Pool associate’s hours as they deem appropriate.
- Nursing Pool associates must provide the staffing coordinator a calendar of preferred work shifts (hours/days) or availability for the upcoming month by the 1st day of that month.
- Partial shifts may meet the requirement for a scheduled shift.
- Nursing Pool associates must work where assigned throughout Village Assisted Living and Residential Care.
These VILLAGE ASSISTED LIVING Nursing Pool guidelines are subject to change. Benefits and pay are subject to change based on a change in status or other relevant change.
Post-offer background check and drug screen required.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org