Envoy Air Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Specialist, Inventory Control
at Envoy Air Inc.
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for the complete life cycle of inventory which includes requisitioning, receiving, storing, stock chasing, disbursing, transferring, exchanging, shipping, and delivering items. This position is also responsible for other related areas such as inventory control, discrepancy resolution, and inventory inspection based on Company regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain inventory within established specifications and in serviceable condition by following appropriate procedure to exchange a broken tool, to request repairs, or to requisition additional supplies
- Count physical inventory; check minimums/maximums
- Examine items visually and manually for defects or wear
- Sort serviceable and non-serviceable items, based on their condition, into appropriate bins
- Lift, carry, and pull items from stock; load/unload, pack/unpack items, and related physical work
- Store items according to company, fire, safety, and good housekeeping regulations and practices
- Clean and services equipment used to keep it in operating condition; reports need for repairs
- Complete, verify and route forms according to procedure
- Give data on stock to authorized Company personnel
- Work according to company regulations and procedures and instructions from Crew Chief or Supervisor
- Minimum age: 18
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid state driver’s license
- Ability to lift up items up to 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts including days, nights, weekends, holidays and rotating days off
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak, and understand the English language
- Twelve (12) months experience in general warehouse or similar type supply function involving receiving, shipping, and binning material by parts number
Additional Position Details
- All wages are governed by the contract agreed upon between Envoy and the Transport Workers Union (TWU)
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate’s history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.