EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Material Scientist
at EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11065
The Technical Business Development Group requires a very well rounded individual capable of evaluating all technology aspects from materials to systems. This position will provide expert representation of EP technologies and capabilities and provide EaglePicher customers with up front assistance and quality responses while promoting EP in industry as the technology leader. In addition to understanding the feasibility and business aspects of an opportunity, they must also understand the impact on current resources demand and allocation. This position will help develop tools to determine the resource types and availability as well as impact on current projects.
Ongoing Responsibilities include:
• APPLICATION ENGINEERING - Customer design support and problem solving; Customer training and onsite assistance
• TECHNICAL PROPOSALS – System concepts and technical solutions; Detailed/well written technical write-ups; Timing and resource assessments; Cost and feasibility assessments; Validate alignment with A3, AOP, STRAP and SBU direction
• TECHNICAL CONFERENCE PRESENCE – Technical conference attendance; Assess technical presentations by competition; Present EP technical papers; Provide view of industry’s technical direction and future needs
• TECHNICAL PUBLICATIONS – Scientific Journals; Tech articles in tech magazines; Develop and maintain ties with academia
• TECHNICAL VISION AND GUIDANCE – Provide guidance on industry direction; Provide assessment on future technologies; Generate/maintain technology roadmaps
• Minimum of a BS in Engineering or other scientific/technical field with commensurate experience required; higher level degrees considered in lieu of experience
• Significant Program Management and P&L responsibilities for Technology Development projects preferred
• Minimum of ten years of experience in related role in a technology manufacturing environment preferred; higher level degrees considered in lieu of experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint , Project)
• Experience with battery design and battery management systems highly desirable
• Strong organizational skills including detailed documentation of test results required
• Advanced degree preferred
• U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
About EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC, an Vectra company, is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, grid energy storage, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, nickel hydrogen, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, Mo., and is ISO9001:2008 and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher offers competitive compensation and a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement, and scholarship program.
EaglePicher is proud to be an EEO/AA employer (male, female, disabled and veterans). We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!