Dollar General Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Director in St Louis MO
at Dollar General Corporation
- Requisition ID
- Job Location
- US-MO-SAINT LOUIS
- Job Category/Title
- Retail Management
At Dollar General, our customer is at the center of everything we do! We are a fast-moving Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 14,000 stores and 14 distribution centers in 44 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation and teamwork. At Dollar General, you can see a clear and fast path to career growth and success. We are committed to attracting talented and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others." Let's Grow Together!
Plan and lead the activities of all stores within the assigned area of operation, including full profit and loss responsibility, while acting within the scope of company objectives and policies to accomplish regional and divisional goals.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead store teams, including Area Managers and store management, by ensuring:
- A culture that fosters Dollar General’s mission and values.
- Fair administration of human resources policies and practices.
- Superior customer service through fun, friendly stores.
- Regional annual sales in excess of $150 million through quality orders and efficient flow processes.
- All tools are utilized in each store and market resulting in superior inventory presentation and management.
- Effective planning and execution of company objectives.
- Maximization of performance and productivity through a commitment to sensible store scheduling.
- Total development of human capital, through proper selection and education of employees and customers.
- Protection of company assets through loss prevention and expense efficiencies.
- Development of field partnerships with distribution centers, merchandising efforts, store growth initiatives, training and employee development priorities, recruiting, employee relations and customer service response, and IS implementation.
- Consistent communication of company priorities to area and store management teams.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership including the ability to model total development and serve as a steward of Dollar General’s mission and values.
- Financial analysis skills sufficient to interpret operating statements and other financial reporting data, manage budgets, and control inventory.
- Demonstrated ability to produce desired results by leveraging resources, maintaining tough expense control, managing merchandise effectively, and setting clear expectations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and leadership skills including a willingness to consistently provide superior customer service, the ability to react appropriately under pressure, the ability to apply good judgment in ambiguous situations, and demonstrated flexibility/adaptability.
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve objectives in a participative management style.
- Outstanding verbal, written and technical communication abilities.
- Exhibit the leadership capability for development as Divisional VP.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) with four+ years of multi-unit management experience and seven+ years of retail with full P&L experience preferred; equivalent education and experience combination will be considered. Previous retail experience should be with a discount, convenience, grocery or similar environment.
- Drives results by identifying opportunities to improve performance.
- Works efficiently by planning and organizing work to achieve goals and objectives.
- Focuses on customers by anticipating customer need, overcoming obstacles, and continually striving to improve customer satisfaction.
- Applies effective analytical skills by integrating complex information, while balancing tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Provides effective leadership by maintaining an environment that promotes teamwork and maximizes individual potential.
- Communicates effectively by providing clear and timely communication and demonstrating effective listening skills.
- Demonstrates adaptability by adjusting to changing business priorities.
Note: This position requires weekly travel in a company-provided vehicle with limited overnight stays; a current driver's license and acceptable driving history is required.
#CC# #StLouis# #SaintLouis#