Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Lead - Packaging - $600 HIRING BONUS
at Dierbergs Markets
Packaging Lead Position Summary:
This is a hands-on working position that reports to the Department and Assistant Dept. Manager. The Lead will assist in monitoring the processing, assembly and packaging of recipes while directing associates in their daily tasks to complete recipes according to written instructions and/or specs. The Lead Associate will also be responsible for monitoring an efficient work flow, the productivity of associates, the adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices, the adherence to safety standards and ensuring the compliance of strict sanitation and food handling standards of the Department, Central Kitchen and Dierbergs Markets.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 11:00pm (must be flexible to work when required to accommodate changes in business and holiday demands)
Overview of Responsibilities:
The Lead Associate will assist in the operations of the Packaging area in accordance with Dierbergs policies, procedures and standards. Areas of responsibility and work tasks will include: Overseeing and directing associates, proper handling of ingredients and their distribution according to spec sheets, labeling and organization of ingredients according to shelf life. Completing required paper work and forms such as closing checklist, production books and the daily closing sheet for the Central Kitchen. Must be able to uphold Packaging standards and Sanitation guidelines, assisting in any area of the kitchen as directed. Must hold people responsible for the Non-Negotiable Standards for all Associates.
- Must have a strong knowledge of food with a minimum of 2 years of food handling/high volume food production experience with a solid, reliable work history.
- Must have a good understanding of proper sanitation and food handling standards along with knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle responsibility and lead and direct associates.
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to provide feedback and direction to associates while creating a positive environment.
- Candidates must be proactive, self-directed and be a team player with a positive attitude. Will be required to assist in any location of the kitchen when needed or directed.
- Must have the ability to train and devleop associates in the department.
- Must have good reading skills, basic math skills and be detail oriented to precisely follow recipes and specs as written.
- Individuals must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., push and pull carts, work in a wet, humid environment, work on their feet all day, work in coolers and freezers with temperatures of zero to 40 degrees and have NO food allergies.
- Benefits and Perks:
- Weekly Paychecks
- Set pay increases
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- No Overnight shifts required (Most shifts end by 10 p.m.)
- AM and PM schedules available, paid scheduled breaks
- Minimal Sundays
- On-going training and development
- Opportunities for advancement
- Recognition Programs
- Health Benefits, Pension and 401-K after qualifying period
- Paid vacation and personal days after qualifying period
- Off most holidays (New Year’s Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day). Holiday Pay for six holidays (must meet scheduling requirements)
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of the tasks that an associate in the position may be required to perform.