Cole & Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Survey Party Chief
at Cole & Associates
LOOKING FOR A GREAT CAREER? PROBLEM SOLVED!
Cole is hiring a Survey Crew Chief in our St. Louis office.
Cole is a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary company providing Civil Engineering, Surveying, Landscape Architecture, and ADA Transition Planning services to our clients. Cole has a national corporate presence with offices in St. Louis and St. Charles, MO, Frisco, TX and Phoenix AZ.
While our offices and services span the US we take pride in our strong company culture. Cole is a collaborative and forward-thinking company and we believe in providing our employees with an active and fun work environment. We are multiple offices, one company!
Our robust benefits package includes competitive pay, group insurance, a retirement plan, paid vacation/paid time, flexible schedules and we support and encourage training and growth opportunities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Will be in responsible charge of daily operations during Boundary, Topographic, ALTA/NSPS, Control, and Hydrographic Surveys, Construction layout, and Level Circuits
- Will work primarily in the field as crew chief on a one or two person field crew
- Ability to perform surveying calculations using Trimble Business Center and AutoCAD
- Ability to perform physical labor (ie. Cutting and removal of brush, shallow digging with a shovel and other hand tools, using a hammer to drive stakes and rebar etc…)
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills
- Know, understand, and demonstrate safe working/operating methods of assigned tools and equipment
- Oversee survey vehicle supply inventory to ensure instrument man has stocked proper materials
- Perform survey equipment maintenance
- Ability to set up, calibrate, and operate Trimble Total Stations and GPS Equipment (Trimble 5600 and S Series Total Stations and Trimble 5700 and R Series GPS receivers)
- Ability to set up and operate Trimble data collectors (Trimble TSC2 and TSC3)
- Possess working knowledge of survey and office software (Trimble Geomatics Office, Trimble Business Center, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word)
- Continued efforts toward becoming a Licensed Surveyor (PLS).
- Must have the ability to travel
- Must be physically able to work long hours with a flexible schedule
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Reports directly to the Survey Field Crew Manager
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma with the intent of continuing education
- Minimum of 5 years surveying experience
- Candidate must have a valid driver's license
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to walk long distances and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stoop and bend for periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds.
It is the policy of Cole & Associates, Inc. a Missouri Corporation d.b.a Cole Design Group, Inc. in Texas & Arizona,herein referred to as "Cole" not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.