Cole & Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ADA Project Manager
at Cole & Associates
The Project Manager is the primary person responsible for the management, preparation, and coordination of all technical and financial activities on assigned projects. The Project Manager plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned work, monitors work for compliance to applicable Accessibility guidelines and corresponding laws. He or she ensures all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied. The Project Manager is expected to have significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing either within the Company’s scope of work, or a Subconsultant’s scope of work, and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
The Project Manager is the primary representative for Client and jurisdictional agency personnel and coordination of internal activities.
The Project Manager manages multiple projects and staff on client delivery and technical aspects of a project from start to finish, from proposal development and due diligence to project completion. He or she is the main point of contact with clients and responsible for the development of team members reporting to the Project Manager for all deliverables of the project. The Project Manager must be talented in leading a team and coordinating with multiple disciplines associated with project development.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Manages the planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of professional and technical staff assigned to projects by assigning, monitoring, and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, directing efforts, and providing technical guidance.
- Performs and reviews project data, QA/QC, and end result deliverables for accuracy and completeness for all projects.
- Performs and reviews the accuracy and completeness of all sub-consultant data and reporting.
- Responsible for coordination and review of data collection and data quality review (QA/QC) for Cole’s scope within every accessibility project.
- Responsible for preparing proposals, budgets, workload projections and invoices, and collecting accounts receivable.
- Effective leader and communicator with team and clients.
- Manages multiple projects, including budgets and schedules for each.
- Participates in Client/Agency meetings and resolves project issues.
- Serves as a representative of the company and its clients at meetings, presentations, and public hearings relative to assigned projects.
Skill / Requirements
Skills and Special Requirements
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of accessibility
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal, and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Efficient project management of multiple concurrent projects.
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Mastery of project scheduling and meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in understanding client expectations, budgeting, proposal writing, invoicing and collecting accounts receivable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Signature authority of project forms for agencies, RFQs, RFPs, and general submittals.
- Has responsibility and accountability for the quality, effective execution and financial success of projects under their direction.
- Makes decisions on team performance and project issues and the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Communication is required with senior staff on significant items. Recommendations are provided on overall company policies and procedures to be reviewed by senior leadership.
- Bachelors degree. (varied disciplines may be considered)