Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Mining Facility Serv
- Functional Group
- Monday-Friday; 8:00AM-5:00PM
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under the direction of the Mine Plant Manager, the Mining Facility Service Manager, will supervise associates and coordinate the day to day activities of the Mining Maintenance crew at a large facility with both stationary and mobile equipment systems. In addition, the FSM will respond to escalated issues, emergency repair orders and complaints in a prompt and effective manner. May coordinate with contractors.
• Performs all repair and adjustment of plant processing systems, stationary plant equipment, heavy mobile mining equipment, buildings, and road equipment to MSHA, OSHA, and other regulatory compliance standards.
• Inspects all equipment and work areas to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
• Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using instruments such as, but not limited to voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges. Reviews inspection and repair reports and observes progress of work on major overhauls to evaluate efficiency and work quality.
• Inspects completed work for compliance to blueprints, owner’s manuals, maintenance manuals, specifications, and safety standards.
• Troubleshoots equipment and recommends corrective action.
• Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
• Coordinates testing of safety equipment (fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, etc.) to ensure MSHA and operational standards.
• Maintain accurate preventive Mining Maintenance records.
• Prepare and issue work schedules, deadlines, and duty assignments for Mining Maintenance staff.
• Provide associates with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
• Resolve customer complaints and answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
• Review records and reports pertaining to activities such as production, payroll, and shipping to verify details, monitor work activities, and evaluate performance.
• Supervise the work of Mining Maintenance associates to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
• Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
• Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, or inspection results.
• Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
• Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals.
• Conduct staff meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics, such as safety.
• Counsel associates in work-related activities, personal growth, or career development.
• Recommend, document and/or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or disciplinary measures.
• Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide appropriate instruction.
• Resolve personnel problems, complaints, or formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for resolution.
• Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Certified in all RETA Courses desired or equivalent. External hires must, as a condition of employment, complete all (8) course during the first 24 months.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to perform the same work duties as those supervised or performs more difficult or skilled tasks or assists in their performance.
• 5 plus years maintenance mechanic experience.
• Fully competent to a high degree in mechanical knowledge.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams.
• Ability to supervise and inspect work performed by all Levels of Mining Maintenance associates.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with others without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a manager.
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trade.
• Knowledge of SAP preferred.
• Microsoft knowledge with emphasis on Word and Excel
• Must provide personal vehicle for daily transportation and mine mobility. Reimbursement at federal mileage rate.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.