A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MOSDOH - Comprehensive Care Unit Director
at A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health is excited to announce the opening of Comprehensive Care Unit Director at it's St. Louis, MO location. This position will manage and mentor MOSDOH students in the Comprehensive Care Unit (CCU) to assure attainment of pre-doctoral clinical competency in all dental areas.
Major Job Duties:
- Manage students as they develop and work through patient treatment plans, achieve educational goals and attain competencies.
- Communicate and manage adjunct faculty in the clinic as to educational goals, essential experiences, and competencies.
- Assist with development and maintenance of accreditation.
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly meetings with students, faculty, and staff to review issues/plans/events and student achievement.
- Work with staff and faculty in St. Louis and Kirksville to train adjunct faculty to achieve clinical calibration.
- Provide direction over the dental assistant(s) and contribute to performance review evaluations in conjunction with the Associate Dean, Clinical Operations/GHHC Dental Director .
- Coordinate with Associate Dean, Clinical Operations/GHHC Dental Director for staff leave (vacation, medical) and clinic floor coverage
- Complete administrative reports as needed.
- Track student progress and collaborate with specialty Directors and with the Associate Dean, Clinical Education and Community Partnerships on student deficiencies.
- Assure patient, student, and staff safety and communication.
- Perform dental procedures on patients as needed.
- Monitor case completion of student treatment.
- Serve on University/MOSDOH and GHHC committees as assigned.
- DDS or DMD
- Teaching experience
- Dental practice operations
- At least 5 years experience in a dental teaching environment
- At least 5 years experience in private practice where dentistry is performed
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Highly skilled in general dentistry
Qualified applicants should submit a completed ATSU employment application, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A.T. Still University (ATSU) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities. Dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault (e.g., non-consensual sexual contact/intercourse), stalking, harassment, and retaliation are forms of discrimination prohibited by ATSU. Any person with questions concerning ATSU’s nondiscrimination policies is directed to contact:
Missouri campus – Donna Brown, assistant vice president of human resources (660.626.2790; email@example.com), 800 West Jefferson Street, Kirksville, MO 63501
Arizona campus – Tonya Fitch, director of human resources (480.219.6007; firstname.lastname@example.org), 5850 East Still Circle, Mesa, AZ 85206