A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ATSU- Associate Director of Development
at A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
The ATSU Development department announces the opening of an Associate Director on its Kirksville, MO campus. The purpose of this position is to strengthen ATSU’s donor base and build the leadership annual giving program through personal visits after the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of ATSU’s annual fund donors. This includes directing all activities associated with securing leadership annual giving for ATSU from alumni, parents, corporations, foundations, and friends. This position will also assist in project management as assigned.
Major Job Duties Include:
- Maintain a portfolio of approximately 100-125 leadership annual giving prospects and personally manage the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of those prospects.
- Research, develop, and implement a leadership annual giving program to include stewardship clubs for annual giving leadership levels ($1,000 - $10,000) to include benefits designed to increase involvement/affinity with the University and ATSU’s president and leadership.
- Work with the Annual Fund officer transitioning annual fund donors to leadership annual giving while also assisting major and planned gift officers as they move mid-level donors into major and planned giving.
- Conduct approximately 120 personal visits annually and work collaboratively with other gift officers to achieve personal and team fundraising goals as identified by the AVPUA and reviewed weekly and quarterly as a team.
- Provide support to ATSU Alumni Relations and ATSU donor engagement programs as needed or assigned.
- Establish and maintain files/databases on donors/gifts in conjunction with ATSU’s central data management systems.
- Utilize ATSU’s “Moves Management” system to update prospects Talisma records.
- Work cooperatively with the advancement team, University officers, faculty and fellow ATSU employees to accomplish goals and complete tasks requiring a team effort.
- Match University needs as identified in the ATSU Strategic Plan with interest of potential donors.
- Complete other fund-raising activities as assigned by the AVPUA or his/her designee.
- Assist in identifying and contributing to donor impact stories for University publications.
- Develop an annual contact and solicitation plan from assigned portfolio and coordinate the plan with the AVPUA.
- Maintain working knowledge of estate plans/bequests, corporate & foundation giving, and annual fund strategies.
- Represent University at conventions, campus activities, certain alumni events, fundraisers, etc.
- Report periodically on assigned Schools and/or departments.
- Develop and implement giving plans for alumni, parents, friends, fellow employees, community members, etc.
- Host and entertain visiting ATSU alumni/friends. Travel as required to cultivate and secure leadership gifts.
- Assist with production of donor recognition events/publications.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President for University Advancement or his/her designee.
Skill / Requirements
- Skill at working with prospects and their advisors toward the successful negotiation and closing of leadership gifts.
- Ability to work collegially in a multifaceted academic institution.
- Strength in written/verbal/interpersonal communications.
- Operation of office equipment and computer literacy.
- Experience with Annual Fund Giving and effectively working and communicating with a team to achieve personal and team goals.
- This experience should include planning, developing, initiating, presenting, and monitoring a University level advancement program.
- Terminology and a working knowledge of the charitable gift process.
- Knowledge regarding the law associated with 501(c)3 organizations and general fund-raising principles is required.
- Should know how to use software affiliated with development programs.
- Proficient in the English language.
- Higher education and/or healthcare experience is highly desirable.
- Proven record of communicating/working with individuals and other entities to achieve successful desired results.
*Qualified applicants must send a completed ATSU Employment Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to hr@atsu,edu
A.T. Still University (ATSU) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities. Dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault (e.g., non-consensual sexual contact/intercourse), stalking, harassment, and retaliation are forms of discrimination prohibited by ATSU. Any person with questions concerning ATSU’s nondiscrimination policies is directed to contact:
Missouri campus – Donna Brown, assistant vice president of human resources (660.626.2790; firstname.lastname@example.org), 800 West Jefferson Street, Kirksville, MO 63501
Arizona campus – Tonya Fitch, director of human resources (480.219.6007; email@example.com), 5850 East Still Circle, Mesa, AZ 85206